Metro’s Digital Audience Hits New Heights
metro.us digital audience (january 2017)
A new record month for online traffic! In January 2017, metro had its largest digital audience ever, beating out the previous record holder of November 2016.
Digital traffic increased by 31% compared to last year. Metro.us delivers over 1.1 million users a month.
metro’s readership continues to grow and our digital audience is increasing right along with it. January 2017 delivered a new record high for online traffic with 1.16 million monthly users. The elevated digital audience is in part thanks to the expanding readership of metro’s print editions.
The numbers don’t lie: metro.us is a go-to digital destination for news, sports and entertainment.
In case you missed it
A sampling of the most viewed articles from January 2017
- Do you regret voting for Donald Trump? Don’t worry, you’re not alone by Nikki Mascali
- NBA trade rumors: Carmelo Anthony to Celtics or Lakers? by Matt Burke
- Boston will get a Big Mac ATM on Jan. 31 by Rachel Raczka
- PHOTOS: Thousands ring in 2017 at annual Mummers Parade by Alexis Sachdev
- Chris Christie says Eagles fans have “sucked for a long time” by Evan Macy
Congratulations to our staff writers Nikki Mascali, Matt Burke, Rachel Raczka, Alexis Sachdev and Evan Macy, whose stories had the most pageviews for the month!
- Users: 1,157,097
- Sessions: 1,440,201
- Pageviews: 3,372,339
- Average duration: 5:10
- Pages / session: 2.34
- Mobile: 60% | Desktop: 29% | Tablet: 11%
- Age 18-34: 37% | Age 35-54: 34%
Source: Google Analytics (Jan-17).