As the official sponsor of US Open Tennis in Flushing Meadows, New York, Lavazza wanted to raise awareness for the Lavazza brand as well as promote its new campaign, #moretotaste, so they came to Metro New York.
The campaign consisted of:
- Cover wrap in Metro New York.
- Back page.
- Full page ads appearing in Metro New York facing Metro’s editorial coverage of the US Open.
Metro capitalized on its exclusive local coverage to convince Lavazza’s global brand to connect with New Yorkers.
In the fast-growing and competitive New York market of the dinner-kit delivery business, Marley Spoon needed to:
- Increase brand awareness and make Marley Spoon stand out among its competitors.
- Entice customers to sign up for Marley Spoon’s food delivery service.
Metro US proposed a unique solution including:
- High frequency advertising (half page/quarter page ads in Boston, New York and Philadelphia)
- An editorial partnership featuring Marley Spoon’s recipes in print and online
Part of the innovation was also the pricing model based on Cost per Acquisition and utilizing remnant print inventory.
The campaign delivered:
- 2 million net reach among Adults 18+
- 2 million impressions
- 70 GRP
Source: Nielsen Scarborough 2014-15 R1