The Most Read Daily in Philadelphia
Latest Circulation Figures for Metro Philadelphia
Metro strengthens its position as the largest and most read daily newspaper in the city of Philadelphia. Every week, Metro reaches 30% of all adults living in the city of Philadelphia.
Every day, Metro distributes 71,165 copies and reaches 242,674 adults in Greater Philadelphia.
With more than 1,000 distribution points, including street boxes, hand promoters, and WAWA stores, it’s easy for readers to pick up Metro. And Metro Philly is now distributed within the SEPTA system! Thanks to a partnership between the paper and transit operator, commuters can now pick up a copy of the newspaper from 100+ racks inside SEPTA subway and commuter rail stations. The new racks allow for riders to grab a paper throughout the day, not just during the morning rush. And, Metro will soon be distributed at the iconic Suburban Station!
With over 55k daily copies in the City of Philadelphia, Metro is Philadelphia’s highest daily circulation newspaper. Twice more copies than its two competitors combined in Philadelphia’s county.
Metro distributes more copies in the City of Philadelphia than the Inquirer on Sundays.
Fast facts about Metro Philadelphia readers:
- Every day, Metro reaches more adults aged 25-39 years old in Philadelphia DMA than any other publication.
- Metro readers are 16 years younger than the Inquirer readers.
- 47% of the Inquirer readers are aged over 65 years old, compared to only 14% of Metro readers.
- 30% of Metro readers are aged 18-34 compared to only 8% of the Inquirer readers.
- Metro readers are 2.2 times more likely to buy a house this year than the Inquirer readers, 2.8 times more likely to get married or go back to school and 6.7 times more likely to have a child this year.
Source: AAM-CAC (Q2 2018), Nielsen Scarborough 2018 R1.