Metro’s Digital Audience Hits a New Milestone
metro.us digital audience (november 2016)
In November 2016, metro had its largest digital audience ever! Digital traffic doubled compared to last year. Metro.us now delivers over 1.1 million users a month.
metro’s digital audience continues to grow. November 2016 marks a new breakthrough for online traffic with a record 1.1 million monthly users. The increased traffic can in part be attributed to metro’s comprehensive coverage of the presidential election and compelling sports and features stories throughout the month.
The numbers don’t lie: metro.us is a go-to digital destination for news, sports and entertainment.
In case you missed it
A sampling of the most viewed articles from November 2016
- Elizabeth Ruiz – Von Miller: NSFW video, new pics, Instagram photos gallery by Matt Burke
- ‘No to Trump,’ #GOPHandsOffMe, prayers and vigils planned across New York by Nikki Mascali
- Michael Shannon: Don’t talk to your Trump-voting relatives by Matt Prigge
- There’s a petition to make Clinton president – and it might work by Alexis Sachdev
- PHOTOS: 12 transgender celebrities and public figures you should know by Lenyon Whitaker
Congratulations to our staff writers Matt Burke, Nikki Mascali, Matt Prigge, Alexis Sachdev and Lenyon Whitaker, whose stories had the most pageviews for the month!
- Users: 1,142,673
- Sessions: 1,431,742
- Pageviews: 3,527,289
- Average duration: 5:48
- Pages / session: 2.46
- Mobile: 60% | Desktop: 31% | Tablet: 9%
- Age 18-34: 44% | Age 35-54: 33%
Source: Google Analytics (Nov-16).