Metro Leads in Boston
Latest Circulation Figures for Metro Boston
Metro is the highest circulation daily newspaper in Boston with 68,689 daily copies distributed within the Boston city zone.
Metro Boston daily print circulation (Mon-Thu) is up 17% year-over-year to 68,689 daily copies, 55% more print copies distributed than the Herald on weekdays (44,109)! On Thursdays, Metro WKND has a print circulation of 80,410 vs. 64,000 copies Mon-Wed.
Metro’s 800+ distribution points include hand promoters and street boxes. Metro Boston is distributed within the MBTA! 125 racks installed in stations throughout the transit system allows riders to pick up the paper anytime of the day. Learn more about the expanded distribution in Boston here.
Every week, Metro reaches 1 in 4 adults living or working in Suffolk county – a targeted audience of young, active professionals.
Metro Boston readers fact facts:
- Every day, Metro reaches more people than the Improper Bostonian in a week.
- Every day, Metro reaches more people residing or working in Suffolk county than any other daily newspaper.
- Metro readers are 17 years younger than the readers of the Globe or the Herald.
- 71% of Metro readers are aged 21-54 compared to only 43% of the Herald readers.
- 87% of Metro readers don’t read the Herald.
Source: AAM-CAC (Q4 2017) except Globe (Q3 2017). Average weekday print circulation. Nielsen Scarborough 2017 R2. Net combined print / online. * Employed